Monday, October 31, 2011

Global PR, Local Action

National Public Relations Agency 

A good portion of All Points PR's business is outside of Chicagoland and even outside of the Midwest for that matter. But I am no fool when it comes to the importance of focusing a strategic PR campaign for All Points right here in my own home market.

So, yes I'm marketing and activating programs to build awareness for the business to my niche industry and the national audience on several levels, but I'm equally as focused on heightening visibility in the Chicago suburb where I have my office and throughout the greater Chicagoland area.

I am thinking global and acting local (while still acting global too – or in this case across North America).

Local public relations is a cost-effective way for me to spread the word, build interest and generate leads. Utilizing PR, I've secured feature stories in my home market that have resulted in new business opportunities. What happens is: neighbors, acquaintances and others in the community see the news coverage, spread the good word and inquire about our services. Seems like a natural chain of events.

However, all too often companies that do business outside of their own home market primarily forget that there is an audience right in their backyard.

Here in Chicago, we get the sense that United Airlines markets a bit differently to their hometown audience – the same for Motorola and many others. They are passionate about their local customers, conducting PR campaigns focused on media coverage with major Chicago media and news organizations in the suburbs that many of their employees and neighbors read, watch or listen to on a regular basis.

All Points Public Relations has more information to share with you about our comprehensive public relations services, including local market PR. We'd be happy to share our own achievements with this tactic and the successes we've had with it on behalf of our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment